Good morning everyone! As always, I am dumping updates on you! Firstly, the photo posted is a recent one of my oldest daughter and I. She finally got her first wig! We cried the day it came in the mail. This was a huge step for her and after a week or so, she has learned how to properly care for it, wear it and style it to her liking. Its now a part of her. You'll notice in the photo it looks red. That is true. She said she wasn't going to get a wig that allowed her to hide her alopecia, but rather celebrate it by going with whatever styles and colors she wanted. Her first wig is a beautiful one and I am so proud of her choice. We attended her first school event last week and no one said a word! The school held a picnic for the families which allowed all the children a chance to meet the teachers and other students face to face. She was the most popular girl there! In fact, I think one of the boys has a serious crush on her!
She did tell a couple of kids that she has alopecia and that her hair was fake, but no one cared. They loved her hair and she made so many friends. Sammie has really opened up and embraced it. I see so many good things in her future!
On another note, just a quick reminder to all the mothers out there.... please double check your second story window locks! During this span of not blogging, we had a very close call. Our old window locks failed and broke. I have always told my children to never EVER go near their windows even when the locks were there. However, we had a new family move next door and my son let his crush on the little girl cloud his judgement.
He had gone to his room to get a toy and looked out the window to see the little girl playing in the yard. He opened his window to talk with her. (MAJOR NO NO IN OUR HOUSE)! He noticed while talking with her that the cord for the blinds were tangled around the upper bar and he thought I would get mad. I purposely tangled them like that to keep them from strangling the children, but he didn't know that. He climbed up in the window to untangle them.
I was downstairs cleaning when I heard a thump and a loud scream. I had all the windows downstairs open to allow a breeze and could hear him from both the staircase and outside! I knew instantly when I could here him from both places, that he had the window open.... and what had happened. I screamed at my oldest daughter to help me and tore up the stairs praying he was hanging on and I could reach him in time.
We were lucky. He had fallen through the screen but was hanging onto the window with one foot and the window frame by another, head first with both hands pressed against the side of the house to hold himself up. I ripped him back through the window and body slammed him to the floor, hugging him with everything in me. My oldest daughter closed the window and we all sat there hysterically crying and hugging. It was horrible. To see your child so close to such a horrible fall will shake your very soul! As soon as we calmed down, I tossed all the children into the car and went shopping. I bought all new locks for all the window and installed them as soon as we got home.
The management company here has told me repeatedly that I cannot install cabinet or window locks and that if I do, I'll pay for all damages. I went ahead and stored anything harmful in a locking closet so that I wouldn't have to get cabinet locks, but the window locks I told them to bite me over. My old locks weren't cutting it (obviously) so I got better ones. I screwed them in so deep that there is no way my kids will force the window open and pull them out... ever again.
Do me a favor, check your locks! If you have a frame mounted lock and are using the original screws that came with it, remove the screws and add longer ones. The lock was pulled clean out and broke with the force of the window. I am a HUGE advicate for child safety and it happened to US! There is no way it will ever happen again! Screw the management company for telling us we can't protect our children. I'll gladly pay extra for the wood screws I just sank into the frame, I was going to pay to have it patched anyway. I would rather pay the extra damage then lose my son. Simple as that! He is going to be alright. He was shaken by the experience but he is safe. He was more upset with himself then anything and has told me many times sense that he was flirting with her when he knew not to play in the window. Poor guy.
Another update for you. It looks like we have new orders! We have been at this base for six years and even though we had hopes to stay, there was a part of us that knew we had to go. Its "sour grapes" here now after the problems we had with the school, and the constant problems we faced with a couple of horrible spouses in the command. We needed to start fresh. So we put in for orders and one the frist try... we got a set we had always hoped for! NAS Fallon, NV. Now I know many of you are trying to figure out why the hell we would ever go to Fallon so let me explain. Fallon puts us 100 miles closer to our hometown, which in turn puts us closer to both sides of the family and an extensive network of friends we have had our whole lives. Fallon also opens up huge avenues for my husband's career that we need right now. Its a new start with a ton of possibilities. So we are leaving Lemoore and headed away from the drama caused by others... and getting a fresh start at a base we have been trying to get to for most of my husband's career! As far as we can calculate, we move about April or so. Guess it is time to start purging six years worth of junk lol. As my husband says, "We used to move once a year. Being here for six years has made us stagnant. Lets move 'em out."
So on the road we will go! Everyone is excited, although I am going to miss all my friends here. But I hope they can understand why we have to leave. Lemoore is no longer our home. My hope though is that the horrible women that did such horrible things against my family finally get theirs. If they haven't gotten the heads up from the command or the lawyers yet, I'll be shocked. I just don't want them pulling this junk on other families.
New news on my teeth as well! I am currently battleing yet another infection. As you may remember, the one I battled over the summer almost killed me. This time, I am taking no chances. I was in the hospital last night and managed to get antibiotics for a double ear infection. Perfect. I am currently fighting off at least FIVE abscessed teeth. The hospital here has told me over and over that they cannot give me medication for my teeth. I was lucky to be suffering a double ear infection this time because they had no choice but to give them to me. In one week, I'll be infection free. This opens up the window I need to have all my teeth pulled! Sense no one here will pull them for me, my mother is calling her oral surgeon and insisting he take me. If everything goes well, I leave next week to head to our hometown, where I will finally have my teeth pulled and get temp dentures. Sure, we don't have the 50k we need for my implants, but if we wait until we have the money I will be dead. So it looks like temp dentures for a year and then the implants. At this point, I just want to see my kids grow up.
I'll let everyone know how that all goes. If he can see me, I'll be leaving and will let you know. For those who don't know what I am going on about, I am sure I posted info farther back in my blogs. I have new fans who haven't been following my stories for the last five years lol. There is a dental disorder passed down through my family. Not everyone gets it but it got me. It gives the body the inability to create enamel. No amount of proper dental care will save them. Those who have it, their teeth rot and shatter easily and quickly... leaving them with no option except complete removal usually by the time they are 30. I am sure in my blogs here I have spoken of it. My hope is that my own children don't have it... but we won't know until they are older.
So that is my really skattered update for you. A little of everything. I'll hop on tomorrow and update you some more as there is so much to tell. Have a great day everyone! I have to get the kids to get their school work done today. They missed a couple of lessons yesterday because I was in so much pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment